The Society 4 Neurodiversity (S4Nd)
The Society 4 Neurodiversity (S4Nd) is a community group led by neurodiverse members. We are a community of people that specialise in different.
Our mission is to build and nurture a neurodiverse community. We aim to break down barriers and promote acceptance for neurodivergent people.
Who We Are
The S4Nd community is a place for support, friendship, and inspiration. We are a constant presence you can rely on, a good friend when you need one. We are here for both the good and the not-so-good times.
The S4Nd online community is different, we are a space without a physical base, we are everywhere and nowhere. It is a place to:
- be yourself, to belong
- learn and grow
- get support
Anyone can join S4Nd who is neurodiverse. That includes anyone who is Autistic or has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Tourette’s, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), regardless of whether they have received a diagnosis or self-identify. Membership is also open to anyone affected by these differences (families, friends and carers). Allies are welcome too.
We want to improve the lives of neurodiverse people and their families. S4Nd is for neurodiverse people to get involved in, contribute to and engage with. It’s a society for its members, by us, for us – we make it what it is.
Current activity includes:
- New! – Keeping Neurodivergent People Connected
- Moots – local social gatherings
- Facebook group
Activities coming soon include:
- self-organised groups (SOGs) – young people, Black and minority ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, gay, bisexual (LGBT+)
- interest groups (SIGs) – music, food, art
- seminars and workshops – understanding myself for employment
- physical activities to promote being well – based on the work of Bessel van der Kolk
- 1:1 support and training to help people to access social security and other support
- advocacy, peer support and befriending
- diagnostic process support
- newsletter and blogs
- accessibility promotion
- tech and human support solutions